Calling out KTN KENYA!













The previous weeks have been eventful ones following the development of Bridges of Love as it continues to get more and more intriguing! The series undoubtedly ranks among the best written and produced shows so far and we can only thank KTN Kenya for always giving us the creme of the best shows from the Philippines. This week however, I found myself immensely disappointed with our favorite TV station owing to an issue that I feel quite strongly about, and hence had to address.




















Like I said, the past week has been eventful and we were moving on swiftly with the Bridges of Love. That was until Thursday, when major cities in the country fell victim to a bizarre blackout some minutes past 6 p.m when all of us BOL fans were gathered about our screens hoping to catch yet another epic episode. There was no power in Nairobi, Mombasa and Nakuru (the places am sure of, please add them if I missed some...) and thus I am quite confident in claiming that almost NOBODY was able to watch Thursday's episode! It was a major let down because  every Bridges Of Love episode has been critical at this point and every episode missed drags someone very far back. I therefore rallied up my fellow fans on twitter and asked them to tweet KTN Kenya and ask for a rerun of the episode because none of us watched it following the blackout. So we tweeted, retweeted and mentioned @KTNKenya in the hope that they would eventually heed to our call and re-air the episode on Friday.














Come Friday, the level of dejection I felt when I learned that they never re-aired Thursday's episode actually came as a surprise to me! I was under the impression that they would indeed take action after we took so much effort (and bundles) trying to get them to repeat that episode for us. This left me wondering, why do they have a social media account to interact with their viewers when in the long run they don't respond to any of the requests or complaints that their viewers shared with them on their account? If it was indeed impossible to re-air the episode(which i think is not the case), why didn't they take the time to respond to our tweets and give us a reason why they couldn't re-air it. A tweet is only 140 characters and it would take less than a minute to give us a response. The only time KTN actively respond to their viewers on social media is during news hours which I feel is a completely wrong move because news coverage is about only 4 hrs of their entire broadcast. Where else are we, who watch the rest of their shows supposed to air our issues with the station when indeed they are the ones airing these programs? It may not be as serious to everybody  but I doubt KTNKenya chose to air Bridges of Love so that NOBODY gets to watch it. I believe their ratings wrack in a good number at 6 and it would do them well not to disappoint their very loyal viewers. I hope this post reaches the KTN team well and they take consideration to our pleas in the future. :)

I don't want to speak for everyone though,  so feel free to leave a comment on this issue and tell me what you guys think...

2 comments:

  1. Ignorance of the highest order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I hope they fare better next time!

      Delete