OPEN LETTER TO JAKE CUENCA...


 











I am writing this letter to Mr. Cuenca, to thank him and appreciate a good person, an extremely talented artist who knows better than the next man, the true value of having people look up to you, love you and admire you.

It was last week, Wednesday; one of those days that I practically have to rush home just to catch my favorite show, Ikaw Lamang! I decided to kill time while the Matatu dragged its way through traffic (They always seem to drive so slowly when you are in a hurry!!! *Sigh*), so I checked my twitter account to see what was going on! Wouldn’t you know it, I stumbled upon a tweet from a fellow Cameroonian fan also gushing about Ikaw Lamang, complementing Jake Cuenca on the excellent work he did on the show. Of Course Jake retweeted the complement (the reason it was on my TL) and I jumped on the bandwagon to also relay my excitement over the show by sharing a poster of Ikaw Lamang to both I Jake and my fellow African. It was a euphoric moment to have Jake reply to it, informing ME of his long locks, which he has grown since they filmed the show a year ago! (Indeed he looks gorgeous as I suspect it is for his new telesyre, Pasion de Amor; The Filipiono re-make of Pasion de Gavilanes, which he is staring as Juan Reyes!)




















Anyhow, my point for this piece is to try and explain to you guys the reason I chose Filipinos as my prime topic for this blog was not only their lively entertainment scene and epic programs, but also because of the nature of the people surrounding these events. Their celebrities have a personal relationship with their fans, giving back the immense love and respect that they also get; lacking the all-high-and-mighty attitude that seems to surround the rest of the world’s famous people.
That said, I wish to acknowledge Jake Cuenca for replying to my tweet, and for not been too busy to indulge a fan half the world away in Nairobi, Kenya; because it certainly made my evening that day. Keep doing what you do, give us more epic shows (Although we get to watch them a year later) and we love you!
Yours Sincerely,
BiggestKenyanFan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment