Doble Kara: Are the twins really played by one person?


Doble Kara is well in its first week on KTNKenya and the show being about twins,  an issue of whether both characters are played by the same person is coming up. The answer is yes. Both Sara and Kara are played by the same person, Kapamilya actress Julia Montes.


  In most shows that have twin characters, it is not easy to find actors who are twins in real life and who are both good actors. The production team therefore opts to cast one person who plays both roles. It is a hectic task for the actor to play both roles so they solve this problem by using a "body double" . A double is a person who has the same physical build as the actor. He/She is used when the twins are talking to each other or have to appear together on the same scene, but the double's voice is not used. He/She is used to give body movement so that the conversation appears natural. Most shots of the double are taken from the back or side, such that you will never see their faces. The actor and double then switch and they do the same to film the other twin. Most of the time, you will only see one and the other from an angle that you cannot see the face. With editing, graphics and other effects, the twins are made to appear on the screen at the same time but rarely. In this case, the actor does both roles separately, then the clips are merged.

In Doble Kara, both Sara and Kara are played by Julia Montes.  Her body double was played by an upcoming actress called Jacqui Leus.

Julia Montes and her double, Jacqui Leus

Below is an excerpt from Wikipedia about the casting for the show; 
"After doing so many roles that are not normal for my age, I can really say that this is the most challenging project that has been given to me. I have to dedicate not only my heart and soul, but also myself as whole for this series. "  —Lead actress Julia Montes on her dual roles
 In April 2015, it was announced that Julia Montes had been given the first title role of the show. Hazel Parfan, the executive producer of the show, said they concocted the project with Montes in mind. Created as polar opposites, Montes had to change clothes, change makeup, and switch personas several times for her respective roles as Kara and Sara.

The young Sara and Kara were also played by one person, Avery Balasbas.

Avery Balasbas.
 I hope this reduces the confusion and please feel free to share your comments about this post. :)

53 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this explanation
    Julia has done a good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia has done a great job and I admire her devotion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooow how amazing, good job dear,keep it up.thank you and God bless you and your work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful explanation. She is such a star😍😍 Kenya loves the show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't find the English versions for the last seasons and others

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woow thank you very much for your explanation I have heard a confusion but now I got it right

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kenyan people they really like your moves

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your movies so much Julia and hopossible you are going through this makes me worried

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Philipians soaps. Thanks Julia Monte's I admire your acting. You are talented girl. When will you visit Kenya we love you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I short sara isn't real😭😭

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is tremendous you did so well it's perfect. Acting is really your passion. I see,,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrible....was almost fighting my fruenf but now am assured. Julia montes the best actress love your act

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it i also wish to act with julia montes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woow!!! Such a great actress, you did your role perfectly.. especially as Sarah she was my best actress forever her situations almost coincided with mine, congratulations Julia Montes hope you visit Kenya soon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, it must be tough for Julia but that's nice she's very talented

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are such a darling dear you did it all awesome I love you so much dear...keep it up may God protect you for me...visit me soon here in Kenya thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such DIVERSITY... all in one. I was so lost on this. Kudos Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the program so well, especially when it's saw it was Catherina 😁i fell inlove with it. Nice job Julia .Nigeria love you too

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I never knew this. Thanks for enlightening me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is wonderful,I lov u montes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am your great fan Miss Montes,you are the best.

      Delete
  21. Julia Montes my bestie...u r d best sweet
    May God always be by ur side

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woow!!! You are that great Julia and I really loved the show since is thatwonderful because you did a great job job Julia. Kudoz!!!!may Lord shower you with His blessings. I hope to see you Julia coz I really adore you and admire you tooo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!!!!this is amazing.this is what we call passion, acting is your passion dear.congrats

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very Interesting serries,I love it So much especially the role Play by Julia Montes and her Doble Body.

    From Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's really amazing wow East Africans love you so much , πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's really amazing wow East Africans love you so much , πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  27. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ..This amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for clearing the misunderstanding

    ReplyDelete
  29. Woow... Philippine soaps are the best...and I love your videos Julia...I hope one day I'll see you

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ohhhhh mi god kara and Sara. Amazing one person

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you Julia. We admire you in all especially in Asintado

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow!! Julia you acted well i love that.... Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Woow!!! Such a great actress, you did your role perfectly.. especially as Sarah she was my best actress forever her situations almost coincided with mine, congratulations Julia Montes hope you visit Kenya soon

    ReplyDelete
  34. love u hope u will visit Nigeria soon😊

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! How sweet, acting as Sara was really cool you know. this is really a very good talent, the same person showing different characters. i wish i could be like you one day. i hope i visit the Philippines soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. like seriously

      Delete
    2. I love your talent Julia Montes

      Delete
  36. They are very great actress. I thought was their real twins. Hahaha. Great job Julia and Avery. You are great! Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fantastic job! So much impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love you Julia Montes.
    You remain my best actress ever. I can't just stop thinking about the great talents you have. I thought you actually have a twin sister. I remain your number #1 fan

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow this is so shocking πŸ˜³πŸ€”,
    200 episode's and a person act as a double in the whole project damn!
    Kudos πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ to you mam, am looking up to you πŸ€—πŸ™, more strength and grace ❤️, I love you!πŸ€—πŸ”₯❤️

    ReplyDelete
  40. I have been married four 4years and on the fifth year of my marriage, another woman took my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 2years. I met a post where this relationship doctor Robinsonbuckler11@Gmail.com have helped many couples get back together and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my Man back home and believe me! i sent my picture to him and that of my husband and after 48hours as he have told me, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids, he appologize to me and the kids and promised never to break up with me again. I am happy to let everyone in similar issue to contact this man and have your lover back to yourself.______________WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

    This is unbelievable... I love this!

    Get back with Ex... Fix broken relationship/marriage..........

    His result is 100% guaranteed.

    He cures herpes with herbal mixture

    -GENITAL AND ORAL HERPES
    -HPV
    -ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
    –HEPATITIS A,B AND C
    -COLD SORE
    -IMPOTENCE
    -HYPERTENSION
    -SHINGLES
    -FIBROID
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY….

    Patricia Bowen

    ReplyDelete