Goodbye Munding…
















We are well into the middle of the Serye, My FaithfulHusband and although the show has elicited mixed reactions from Kenyans, it has been a most entertaining show. The show is not filled with promises of undying love and is becoming a little too relatable which is the reason I think some people are not comfortable with it.
  I enjoy a variety of story lines if they are well executed but I have absolutely come to love My Faithful Husband because the story tackles issues that we are more than likely to face in real life.
The past week has been difficult for viewers as we got to see little Munding succumb to her Anemia and pass away. It was one of the grimmest scenes we have watched on the show and the loss really hit home. The comments have been overwhelming as Kenyan viewers also mourn the death of Munding and praised the little girl, Kim Margarette Belles who played the role. 
 
What I loved about this chapter is that the producers took their time in telling this part of the story which I highly commend them for, especially the funeral episode. You might have noticed that in most programs, funerals take up like two minutes of an episode and then get back to the story which really bothers me because I feel like they downplay the loss. Losing someone is the most difficult and painful experiences that we all go through and it should be well depicted.












My Faithful Husband dedicating an entire episode for this was a great move. We saw how hard everyone took this and they had us all in tears. I think Dean took it the hardest and my heart tugged when he refused to let Munding go and incessantly asked her to open her eyes and wake up. I know most of us do not like him but I wish we could put that aside and try to connect with the pain of a father who just learned about the existence of his daughter only to have her die before he could spend enough time with her. You might think that I defend Dean way too much; which I do, but I also want us to be objective with our judgements. He is no different from the next person who loses a child and no matter the kind of person he is; we should not rob him of empathy.  
Mel looked strong enough during the wake and the funeral but after that, things do not seem to be going well. Like Mylene pointed out, she might be in a depression. I pity that Emman is getting all the blame for Munding’s death but at the same time, we do not know what could have happened if Munding had been treated. Her passing leaves nothing to be done except move on but we are only human. One way or another, he was going to shoulder this blame because he was the one who denied Munding the one chance she had when he refused to let her leave for treatment. His ignorance is partly to blame as well which is why he should have trusted Mel and Dean to know what was best for Munding and get her treated.
I feel that Munding’s passing will also play a major role in the next chapter of the story, hence the reason why the show spent so much time on the grief of the other characters but I’m just glad that they showed us that even television characters mourn like we mere mortals.  J
Please leave your comments about Munding’s passing below. Remember NOT TO INCLUDE ANY SPOILERS

No comments:

Post a Comment