The five chapters of love… by Juan Miguel Severo

 
So this is what Love is, what happiness is like. It can turn a simple day into a remarkable one; turn laughter into music.
I’ve never seen so many colors before this all started. My mouth was a closed book, my hands are tied by rusting chains but all of me unfolded just for you.
So this is what love is like, how heavy the burden is.  This is how it feels to have been caught between them all; to gaze at her looking at someone else while waiting for her to look at me; to shout beneath the waves, ‘I am here!’
So this is what love is, how it feels like to be paralyzed, trying hard to hold on to what I once let go. My heart is a room full of cobwebs that no one has visited for a long time but believe me, you are there.
So this is what love is, how it feels to be shaken, trying to save that which is not mine to set free. Maybe it has always been this way. These fingers would never be enough to pull back the strings of your heart that has long been swept away by the turbulent wind.
Love, turn me into an enormous tree. Turn my hands into branches and when she falls, let me catch her because now I know that this is what love is. How it’s like to be destroyed, to have a body made of smoke, to become a prisoner in the shadow of the past. Believe me, I want to forget you but this is how love left us. You are someone else’s home and I am your faithful shadow. Numerous prayers have been said, countless times I’ve been chased off but I am still here. What’s the use of letting go if I am still captivated by you? 
By Rico (Juan Miguel Severo)

No comments:

Post a Comment