DEFENDING KIM CHIU!



Kim Chiu















Kim Chiu is without a doubt, one of The Philippine’s biggest stars and is a well-known face here in Kenya. (We even recently got to watch her recently in Ikaw Lamang; my favorite shows this year!) Consequently, it is no wonder that she is subject to scandal left and right as people constantly want to defame others when they are at the top in a futile attempt to bring them down.


This being the case, the recent scandal to hit this beautiful soul was one that alleges that Kim Chiu received VIP treatment while registering for Comelec voting at a mall in Marikina City and therefore cut in line passing thousands of the people who had been queuing for hours . One of the people who fell behind felt quite offended by this and took a video of the incident which has been circulating social media platforms; hence the scandal. Kim however came out to defend herself on twitter clarifying that she had her road manager queue for her since she had a flight to catch and that was why she was able to have her registration facilitated.

Having given the details of the story though, my thoughts on this issue are very opinionated and I realize that I must be the last person to have my opinion matter but am going to give it anyway! For some time now, it has come to my attention that it is indeed an advantage in life to know people of influence if you want to have an easier time getting anywhere. The phrase “You should know people” is becoming a slogan here in Kenya and therefore I decree that it is of better value when people know you! It is admiring to see that Kim Chiu actually took it upon herself to queue for the registration as opposed to what some of us would have done in her situation. Hypothetically speaking, if Kim Chiu had indeed received special treatment, her name is known all over the world (it is no wonder am writing about her from KENYA!) and I believe that it is within her right to receive any special treatment she might get. How is it your fault if others want to treat you differently and give you special advantages for being you? For those who are judging, I dare you to refuse any special treatment to cut in line or for anything else no matter who you are or who you know. Don’t judge others for reacting to a situation the same way you would have just because it was not you.
If interested in viewing the video, here is the link! Kim Chiu Comelec scandal
Having laid down my view, I welcome my wonderful people to tell me what they think about this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment