Why we say NO TO SPOILERS at KeMPhi!





















This article has been long overdue and I think it’s about time I published it before the new show, Loosing Heaven on KTNKenya develops any further. When Two Wives was airing, I was extremely vocal about the publishing of spoilers on my Facebook page because I noticed just how much we love disclosing information about events that are yet to happen in the show. 

In relation to this, I have adapted a very strict a very strict NO SPOILER POLICY for all content related to KeMPhi which I’m praying you will adhere to. From My dictionary, A Spoiler is defined as;

A document, review or COMMENT that discloses the ending or some key surprise or twist in a story.

The description ends with a note stating that;

Good netiquette dictates that one warn of spoilers before discussing them, so that readers who wish to do so may experience the surprises for themselves.

This is exactly what I wanted everyone to know, that be it a book you’re reading, a series you’re watching or a soap opera, it’s really unfair of you to disclose spoilers to everyone without giving them the chance to learn of the story’s twists for themselves. We all know that Facebook is public and therefore, all comments that we post are in full view for everyone to read. We eventually end up reading those spoiler related comments and then get stuck trying to watch a show that we already know what’s going to happen.

I Loved this meme from google!














 As a rule, once a show starts airing, I don’t see the point of looking up spoilers because they’re eventually going to show it during its span and it’s not as if they’re going to skip some episodes. That said, you really do enjoy a show more when some stuff that you never saw it coming just spring up on you and you just sit there after the episode has ended wondering what just happened. I don’t know whether we’re all just a bit impatient or too curious that’s why we look up spoilers, but I don’t have a problem with that. My problem comes in when we TELL others what’s going to happen and spoil it for them. I ask questions at the end of every episode’s recap on my Facebook page, but that it is not an avenue for us to disclose spoilers, but to have fun while we discuss the show’s development and how we think it will pan out.
 I will honestly say that I didn’t enjoy watching Two Wives as much as I would have liked to because as admin of my social media pages, I came upon spoiler after spoiler and I therefore had to do damage control by deleting those spoiler related comments so that I could protect the rest of my followers from reading them. This means that I had to read them myself, hence ruining my entire experience.  (I remember getting the rape spoiler for Bridges of Love and I was mad for a week! I think I still am…. This explains how strongly I feel about this issue.) There are others who asked me for spoilers themselves and I refused to tell them. This was because, like I said, I DO NOT look up spoilers so I also didn’t know what was going to happen, and second even if I (unfortunately) knew, I could not post any spoilers hence exposing them to anyone who just happened to scroll through the comments. 


With this therefore, I hope to urge everyone to refrain from posting any spoilers anywhere, unless someone asks for them;(which I suggest you do via inbox) because I’m giving a cautionary notice as of now that I will DELETE all spoiler related comments that appear on any KeMPHi platforms. Let us give everyone the chance to enjoy the show as they see fit without giving up information on twists that are yet to develop. Thank You.


No comments:

Post a Comment