See the gift Angel Locsin gave Liza Soberano after she was named as the new Darna!




Just last week, it was rumored that Kapamilya actress Liza Soberano would play Darna in new Star Cinema movie.The news was confirmed earlier this week by Star Cinema and by Liza Soberano herself.

The role as supposed to go to Angel Locsin but she had to turn it down due to a spine injury that she sustained while training for the role. When Angel released the statement that she would no longer play Darna, she urged her fans as well as those of those of the comic heroine to support the next actress who would play Darna.


 Leading by example, Angel Locsin gave Liza Soberano three Darna comic books in the hopes that they will help her understand the character. Angel shared this image of Liza Soberano holding the comics and captioned it as follows;

"These three comic books are very special to me. These were given to me way back when I was asked to play the role of Darna for me to get to know the super-heroine better. And for ten years, I kept these. Now that we have a new Darna, I asked Tita Malou to give these to Liza as my gift hoping they can help her just as they helped me. And just like the stone of Darna, I'm hoping that she'll pass this on to her next successor someday. I wish Liza the best of luck! I know she'll do great :) Sa huling pagkakataon, maraming salamat po sa pagmamahal kay Darna. Salamat po sa former (GMA) & present network ko (ABS-CBN) pati ang Ravelo family sa pagkakataon. Now it's time to welcome our new Darna :)"

Liza Soberano who is now training for the role hopes to be able to do her own stunts for the movie. What do you think about what Angel did for Liza though? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment