Places are nothing but mere places... By Juan Miguel Severo


"Places are nothing but mere places. The parks are for leisure and the roads are for vehicles. The trees are to provide shade, lamp posts are to light up the darkness.

Tell this to yourself; places are nothing but mere places. Don’t ever make a mistake of hoping to catch even a glimpse of her shadow by your side, or look for the footprints she made in the past while walking with you; neither does the sunset have anything to do with the warmth of her hands, nor gentle breeze with the comfort of her embrace, nor the sound of the birds singing together with your laughter. She’s gone. She’s gone,

One thing that remains to be true; you can memorize every street corner of the city while still not considering it home. Places are nothing more than places until the two of you have laid eyes on it together.


The concrete pavement will remain silent as long as you don’t wrote your stories, your dreams  and your promises and the challenges you’ve gone through over and over, over and over, over and over.

I will remind myself of everything; all the opportunities let pass, every single corner that holds not a single trace of you. Your smile, your face, your head pressed against my chest. I will wonder until I get lost in the city and this love that I’ve gotten used to. I will wonder until I finally get lost in this love that I’ve been used to,  I will wonder until I get used to these places that are nothing but mere places and not a sanctuary of your memories."

By Juan Miguel Severo (Rico)