Stay by my side... By Juan Miguel Severo



The first time I confessed my love for you, all the lights in the house went out.
You held on to my arms because you were afraid of the dark so I lit up some candles and in the midst of the fire dancing, you slowly felt at ease.
My dear, love is not always a bright flame. Sometimes it’s a shadow you want to escape from, a ghost you are afraid of. It’s not always like the cheerful morning that you expect but more like a night that keeps you awake.
You took all the stars in the sky with you the night you left, all the street lights that light the world went out. To live without you is like walking along the streets without feeling the rays of the sun; to sleep on a bed similar to a desert by day and cold as snow by night; to have a shadow that I don’t seem to know.
When night falls, when everything is over, I will once again turn off the lights and get myself used to this flashing of admiration.
Here is my prayer; time is on our side yet we don’t know when it will turn  its back on us. Let us make our past our shield, forget the worries of the present, I beg this of you. Together let us heal the wounds brought by this love. Let me embrace you in times of your happiness and sorrow; help me fall in deep slumber, make waking up worthwhile.

This heart of mine still belongs to you; that’s why my love, when everything is over stay by my side.

By Rico (Juan Miguel Severo)

No comments:

Post a Comment