Setting the Record Straight...















I started KeMPhi over a year ago and I’m thankful for the little growth we have attained so far. During the last year, it has been hard trying to get the attention of my fellow fans and I’m glad that it’s starting to happen with the growing numbers on our social media platforms. Many were the times I had endless monologues and I think it’s a small milestone having one or two people to exchange a tweet with when a show is airing. As of now, Facebook is growing quite fast and I’m grateful to everyone who has been following and reading the daily recaps of our favorite Filipino Soap Operas. It has been a bit overwhelming for me having to handle the numbers since the demands are increasing as the numbers swell. I therefore decided to write this post to clarify some of the issues with you guys. 


The first issue has to be the spoilers that I have been going on and on about. It’s great seeing that you guys are heeding to the NO SPOILER request and we’re not having them posted as much as before. My dream is to eventually never have the on our KeMPhi platforms but that is becoming considerably difficult as we continue to get new followers every single day. I will therefore keep reminding you guys about the Spoiler Etiquette as I hope to teach you guys to learn to watch a show without them even though i don't win many hearts when it comes to this issue. :)














The second issue I’d like to address is the Recaps. Most of you have been saying that the recaps are incomplete but what I can say to that is that I’m not trying to re-write the show’s script here. According to my dictionary, a recapitulation (recap) is a subsequent, brief recitement or enumeration of the major points of a narrative. I think this description is in line with my actions because the point is to have a person who didn’t watch the show get a general overview of the episode. I try as much as possible to site the main events that drove the dynamics of an episode and honestly, some things that happen aren’t that important. My satisfaction of a job well done is when someone who didn’t watch the episode thanks me after reading the recap and they can be able to follow the show even if they aren’t watching it. If you notice that I skipped some parts, it means you watched the episode and I’m sorry to say that the recap doesn’t help you much. It is mostly meant for someone who didn’t watch it. Plus, if I wrote the entire episode, scene by scene, it would probably take me the entire night to finish it. This brings me to the third issue. The time I post the recap.

It takes me over an hour to write a recap which means that if I start writing right after the show ends, that’s at seven, I would have it finished earliest at eight. Factoring in that I don’t always write it at seven, you can see why it comes up when it does. Someone commented recently that I could try posting the recap earlier than I do and I really felt unappreciated. It’s a lot of pressure writing the recap, with you guys messaging me throughout, asking for it and now I have to post it early? Cut me some slack guys, its work that I’m 100% dedicated to and you can be assured that the recap will be posted between at 8 and 9, provided I was able to watch the show. Please give me some flexibility at least with the timing and be patient. Patience is a virtue, so they say…
That is all for now, and I hope you can understand my view point. Keep it KEMPhi and let’s grow together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment