Two years of Kenya Meets the Philippines and what the future holds...


Kenya Meets the Philippines (KEMPHI) is celebrating its second year anniversary on the 30th of April. When I started KeMPhi back in 2015, my vision was simple. All I wanted was to give Kenyans and fan of Filipino showbiz a platform where they can be able to learn more about Filipino showbiz since I had this wealth of information, having followed Filipino showbiz since its debut in Kenya and I needed an outlet.

The one thing I was clear with myself about when I started the blog was that I did not want to make KeMPhi about myself but about what I wanted to share. This stand has not changed until now because it has always been about the work for me. What has changed though is my vision for Kenya meets the Philippines and while I still want to do what I set out to do, I realize that there is so much more that I can do with it. It was such a slow start for me but I’m glad that the patience has paid off and I am looking at thousands of followers and gone are the days where I would wake up to find no notifications on my page. With the increase in number, the work load has increased and so has the pressure but each thank you on the comments section serves to give me the drive to keep going and lets me know that somebody somewhere appreciates it so thank you in return for all your feedback.


I asked people a couple of questions to go with this anniversary post and the questions were; how long they had been following KeMPhi, what they liked about the page and what they hoped KeMPhi would be able to do for them in the future. Below are samples of the answers I received from you;

Cate Shique.
Hi there admin, I am Cate and I have been an avid fan of Filipino teleseryes since I was like under 10 years old. I used to Google a lot about Filipino showbiz and one day I actually came across Kemphi platform on Google. I instantly fell in love with the page and I could always Google to know more about it. I came to learn about articles like "did you know friday ","my Kemphi story",the daily episodes recaps, Kemphi awards ooh and everything about Kemphi. I finally joined Facebook last year and that's when I started following the Kemphi page. What I like most about Kemphi is the fact that I can get daily episode updates even when am not around the TV. And ooh, my I love Kemphi videos a lot, all the theme songs and also shout-outs from our stars. I hope Kemphi would be able to bring our favorite stars in Kenya so that we can get to know and interact with them in future. Thanks so much admin, because of you I don't even have to google to know more about my favorite stars as I get everything in Kemphi. Once again maraming salamat po.

Mburanya wa Miloso
I came across kemphi during Losing Heaven and I used to follow it until I got a job and found myself unable to watch it during that time. I started looking for sources and boom, there was KEMPHI. The best thing about kemphi is the NO SPOILERS rule. One is able to be caught by surprise on what will happen in soaps. When you read spoilers you lose interest since you already know what will happen. I would like the admin to be looking much on 'old pinoy actors like Jean Garcia, Kristine Hermosa, the actors of She Wolf and The Long Wait, especially the character Boris. Lastly thank you very much admin. You always make my day. I love you hope to meet you one day. Regards Monicah (this is my real name by the way).

Ticherr Ricky.
Hello there, I came across KeMPhi just a short while ago. It was during "My Faithful husband" the soap was so nice and I found myself looking for more details on the same and my search wasn’t in vain because it landed me here on this page which made me feel good. What I like most about KeMPhi, obvious the spirit of keeping us updated in case one misses an episode and it makes me feel part and parcel of something because of the interaction. In future I would love KeMPhi to give us some info about our idols like who they really are when they are off  camera, what other things they do for living and such like stuff. Thanks, Regards! 

Musebya golden
I came across to your page early January this year when somebody shared it in a group and I kept following it. What I like about this page is the updating of episodes and life events of Philippine celebrities.  Admin you already did a lot for me personally and in the future I wish I will able to meet with my favorite man Mikael Daez because of you.

Felister Felister
Hello admin. I came across KeMPhi from the group Beautiful Strangers. I started following the page since the 3rd episode of Beautiful strangers was aired in KTN. I just love KeMPhi coz it’s that place I can find my fellow fans for Philippines stuff and the information shared is detailed.


For one, don’t worry about having to refer to me as admin because I like it so much, I think I might have to change my name to “Admin”! Otherwise, thanks to everyone who sent me answers to the questions although what I really wanted to focus on were the answers to the last questions. I will try look into your suggestions about covering actors we have lost touch with. Concerning your future hopes for KeMPhi are among the things I said I have envisioned for KeMPhi and believe me when I say that I am working toward achieving all of them and then some. Looking into the future, I hope that we will be able to look back and say that we dreamt up everything together. For now, I want to say thank you to everyone for following KeMPhi because each one of you is the reason I do this. 

Going through the comments is the best part of my day so please keep commenting, keep sharing, keep liking and also keep praying so that we build KeMPhi together. I send you much love. J

No comments:

Post a Comment