My KeMPhi Story; Part 1... (Admin)



It’s been a while since we’ve had anyone share with us theirKeMPhi story but thanks to one very persistent follower, I will break the trend and share my Story instead.

 A very loyal follower of KeMPhi has been pestering me for the longest time to share my story and I kept putting it off simply because I did not feel it was the right time. I guess this is long overdue so I will let you know a little bit about myself.
 She did the wonderful job of drafting some questions for me to answer; I hope she asked the right questions and was able to represent what most people would like to know about me. The questions are a lot and  I will answer them through a series of posts so that I can answer them as diligently as I can. Here goes…
  • The First  Filipino show you watched

The First Filipino show I watched was Pangako Sa Yo (The Promise); i.e. the original version starring Jericho Rosales and Kristine Hermosa
  • Reasons why you love Filipino shows

I love Filipino shows because I can relate to them up to a certain level.  I have watched many Telenovelas from other parts of the world but Filipino ones are the only ones that could ever make me cry because I’m able tp identify with a character’s pain. They deal with issues we face as Kenyans and asAfricans and I really like that. Little things like hand washing clothes, the Jeepneys that make me remember matatus, having no phone credits; those are stuff you rarely see in other novelas and they really stand out for me.
They also have the nicest celebrities in the world who always have time to answer a tweet and interact with their fans.
  • Reasons why you came up with the idea of Filipino blogs….why Filipino?

I came up with the Filipino Blog idea at a time when I really wanted to explore my writing skills. I had trouble deciding what topic to cover but it finally hit me that a Filipino showbiz blog would be good because it’s an unexplored topic and I knew almost everything about it sinc I have always followed Filpino showbiz. It was during the time that news of Maja Salvador’s break up with Gerald Anderson broke out and  it was such a juicy story.  I couldn’t find a single person to tell because all my Friends are not into Filipino showbiz. It was then that the idea came to me and I thought that if I had people who had the same interests as me, we could talk about such things. KeMPhi has served as a huge outlet for me because I now have someone to tell these things to and I cannot be thankful enough for all my followers who I now consider family. We are in this journey together and we will go far...
(I also wanted to give people authentic information about Filipino showbiz because I  was tired of the Julia Montes is married to Coco Martin kind of stories that people keep talking about without any facts…)
  • Best show ever watched(favourite) and why it stands out from the others

This is a hard one because I am so biased when it comes to Filipino shows, they are all good in my book. The ones I can say I really loved would be;
  1. Maging Sino Ka Man (More than Love); I loved the development of JB and Celine’s love story.
  2. Full House; It was the first Filipino romantic comedy serye I watched starring Heart Evangelista and Richard Gutierrez. I loved it because Heart was super funny in it. I always found her a bit dull in other seryes but she showed a new and fun personality in full house.
  3. Ina Kapatid Anak (Her Mother’s daughter); the surrogate story line was genius.
  4. Ikaw Lamang (No Greater Love): It was a period serye, set in the 1970s and 80s and it took us back in time. I am a sucker for period stories...
  5.  Bridges of love: Paulo Avelino playing Carlos Antonio was the best thing that could have happened to that show and to think he was a third choice for the role. It scares me to think that he might not have played it.

If I continue, I’ll end up listing everything so let us leave it at that for now.
  • Favorite Filipino love team and why? And their best show

I am a huge KimXi fan and I have been told that it’s obvious because I feature them a lot but I really do try to hide it. I loved them in Ina Kapatid Anak (Her Mother’s Daughter) and I really hope to watch The Story of Us too.
  • Favorite actor (XIAN) others?

Paulo Avelino, Dennis Trillo, Jake Cuenca, Christopher De Leon, Coco Martin.
  • Favorite actress (KIM) others?

Maja Salvador, Cherry Pie Picache, Julia Montes, Anne Curtis, Marian Rivera.

That is end of part 1 for now but please share your views...
If you wish to share your story with us, click on the following link for full details and guidelines>> Tell Your Story.

3 comments:

  1. What about Jericho Rosales?😭 I agree with the original Pangako sa'yo being the start of all the Pinoy kiling moments that we have all grown to love! Those that didn't start with that show missed out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jericho is fine but he still doesn't make my list of favorite actors. There is something critical I think he's missing although he is still a legend... :D

      Delete