CARMELA POOR ENDING!















It has been a week now since the unexpected finale of Carmela. I say unexpected because it is undoubtedly one of those endings that we never saw coming added to the fact that KTNKenya did not deem it necessary to tell us that it was the last episode. As I watched it on Monday, it dawned on me then that it was the last episode since I did not see any more conflicts that needed solving, especially after Fernando killed himself.

 
I don’t want to admit that I was very disappointed in how the story was told but due to the very opinionated feedback I received from my fellow fans, I found it necessary to put in mine as well. I never denied that I was never a huge fan of Carmela from the start, however I gave myself the chance to see what it was about and I came to appreciate the simplicity of the story. The show had no complicated plots and the casting was good as well. Alden Richards’ easy and boyish charm, not to mention those dimples added to the easiness story while new mum Marian Rivera played an inspiring and strong character. They complemented each other well and the show appeared to be developing well enough that is until the last two weeks where things went haywire. I was excited over the introduction of Bea Binene’s character Eunice, who presented a new dynamic in the story; or so I thought! She did not stay long enough to make any effect in the story which left me wondering why they brought her in in the first place. Dante was doing well enough separating Yago and Carmela on his own!
Coming down to the finale following Janine’s death, I did not clearly understand how Trixie’s fate panned out. Did she or didn’t she pay for her crime? And worse still was when everything ended up too easily for our main antagonist, Mayor Fernando who after destroying the lives of Carmela and Amanda decided to kill himself. It is an adequately plausible ending but as viewers, we want to see something mind blowing and exciting; something worth a FINALE!














 Yago and Carmela simply let their differences slide, which for me were mere misunderstandings, not such issues that keep two people apart for an eternity; it is therefore only right that they hugged it out in the end and decided to work on their relationship which they barely had all through the show. No huge wedding ceremony or an array of kids five years later, they just graduated and gave each other a nice hug, after Amanda let them that is.
I would have loved to sample some of your views on the Carmela finale, but I will give you just this one that said everything I felt and them some… @MadreMaryT had this to say; and quoting "I hate how #Carmela ended! As though the writer suddenly fell off a cliff while still writing"
 
You are still welcome to give in your take on the finale on our comment box below!