When I say I Love You... By Juan Miguel Severo


"When I say I love you, what it means is thank you. Thank you for being there.

When I say I love you, what it means is I am still longing for you.
When I say I love you, what it means is that I do get tired sometimes, my nerves get shaky often times, and my knees tremble. My arms become weary because whenever I say I love you, it means that I will work hard for it.
I will wait for you, follow you and court you, because my love doesn’t simply end with a simple “I love you”. My love is prepared to accept that this, this is the kind of adversity that goes with love; embrace it.
When I say I love you, what I mean is that the world is unforgiving and that I would love everyone whom you love so let me confront all the coming storms, let me melt under the heat of the sun, let me convince you that I am also on your side.
You are the destiny that I wish for, you are the story I wouldn’t tire of reading, you are the moment that I always remember, you are the rest that I desire, you are every breath.

When I say I love you, I am also saying that I’m happy because no matter how long a day is my love, I will come home to you."

By Rico (Juan Miguel Severo)