Kim Chiu a certified Duathlete!


Kim Chiu may be missing from the Kenyan scene as most of her fans here in Kenya have been saying but she is still doing a great deal of things back in the Philippines as she continues to advance her showbiz career. Her latest stint has been competing in a duathlon race.

2017 being Kim’s the 11th year in showbiz, she will be returning to the small screen on the triathlon-themed show Ikaw LangAng Libigin alongside former boyfriend and love team partner Gerald Anderson, Jake Cuenca and Coleen Garcia. In order to prepare for the show, the stars training hard so that they could better prepare for their roles.

During Kim’s contract renewal with ABSCBN in February, Gerald revealed that Kim would be running in a duathlon in March and Kim went on to add that her co-star Jake Cuenca was the one who had signed her up for the race with a month left to go. (A duathlon is an athletic event consisting of a running leg, a cycling leg and another running leg.)
Both Kim and Jake took part in the duathlon race earlier today which was a 4km -25 km – 4km length. They were able to finish with Jake clocking a 1 hour 23-minute finish while Kim finished in 2 hours and 2 minutes.
Kim took to Instagram to express her delight in being able to finish the race posting the above photo and captioning it;


"never in my life have I imagined that ill be joining a race like this... i never thought that one morning ill wake up and prepare myself to go to a race.. but life gives you surprises! as a first timer during the race there will always be obstacles that sometimes you want to give up akala mo dimo na kaya but you just have to believe in yourself, trust yourself and everything else will follow.. one my bladder bag(redbackpack) was not working so i wasn't able to hydrate during my bike leg and had side cramps and asthma attack in the last 2km run, i was so scared and nervous i didn't stop praying (glorybe hundred times) coz i didn't want to quit. sabi ko nalang its all in the mind! its all in the mind! one good thing also is that a lot of people are cheering "GO KIM!" racers, spectators, watchers mga thousand times sinasabi go kim!!!' pag dumadaan sila or ako. hahaha thank you sa inyo!!! nakaka boost ng energy! my #FirstDuathlon experience was all worth it!!!! #pilipinasduathlon2017 " 


She followed this up with the following image also captioning it as follows;




"waking up early is really hard for a non-morning person like myself! early this year I challenged myself to change my lifestyle just to give life a little spice and to join a duathlon mid this year.. but things has changed and @juancarloscuenca asked me if I wanted to join this march5. I know I don't have enough time to train within a month but since I want adventure and thrills. here I am!!!! I took the challenge! trained extra hard in between taping and shooting and waking up at 4am or 5am.. some people asked me "kim ano nangyari bakit naging athletic kana?" "kim! from girly naging sporty kana". training for the race, i've learned a lot, discipline, time management and lastly i've learned more about myself. how strong I can be, how far I can go and overcoming the pains, body pain, cramps, etc. pain makes you stronger, pain gives you the opportunity to become better! you just have to keep pushing until you get your goal, to finish strong!!! during the race all I had was my faith, determination and drive to achieve this one goal... to get that finisher medal!!! achievement unlock!!! now I can call myself a certified DUATHLETE!!! hard work paid off!! haha thank you #TeamDerosaCorsa to @charleslim13 for pacing me and always motivating me during the race to never give up! to @xanderangeles @daisycarino @cheangeles thanks for tagging me along pag may training kayo!!! love you guyz!!! #stillincloud9 #superhappy "





Congratulation Kim chiu on your new Diathlete achievement! What do you think of this? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment