Why don't we have Kenyan Soap Operas?


Once again, Musebya Golden has taken initiative to challenge us by asking why we are not able to produce our own Soap Operas in Kenya. Please read her article below...


"Thank you for the opportunity to write on this issue which gets overlooked by most people. Kenya is such a beautiful country which is a gift from God but we don't take that advantage of it.
Blood is thicker than water. See, India is a poor country but in terms of films and soaps they are very rich.They even come to Kenya to do shoot for Bollywood.
Enough of watching other countries' films since  they are just as human as we are so, why  don't we also believe that everything is possible?
From the time I was 8 until now  that I am 19, I am a fan of Hollywood, Bollywood, Nollywood, Mexican and also Filipinos but I have never heard of Kenywood, which is something to be ashamed of.
I  posted about this issue on my  Facebook account and it was a trending topic for the last week. Most people commented that no Kenya man would ever cry over lady. I am sure this is not true. If a serious person like me gets this opportunity we can do it. (
To read the comments on this particular post, click here.)


This not a political matters but it would increase country's income if it was done well.  I wish I had a solution that will fix the problem and hand it to the ministry of entertainment.
This is a serious issue that requires some systematic change in order to be resolved and I hope your administration would give this problem the attention it deserves.
   Thank so much for reading this
."
     
Written by Museyba Golden.

You are welcome to leave a comment regarding Musebya's article below... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment